Qualifications Professional Background Education
Jonathan G. Mills
1212 Hemlock St
Carmel, IN 46033
My name is Jon Mills and I'd like to welcome you to my website. So that we can get to know each other better, I'd like to take a moment to tell you something about myself.
The best way to describe myself is as an outgoing, exploring, people oriented individual who likes to organize new ideas and projects, bring order and structure to assignments and manage their systematic completion. My management, motivational and organizational skills help me provide a friendly, positive, team building atmosphere that is projected to all clients and associates.
As a result of a Reduction in Force at my previous employer, I am conducting a job search. While I have worn a number of hats over the years I get the most enjoyment dealing directly with co-workers and clients. As a result I am looking for a position in Account Management, Product Development, Product Management or Project Management as these are all areas that will allow me to draw on my people skills and work experience. My goal is to add value to a company's products and services. While my career has focused in the financial service field, I am not limiting my search to that industry. I am interested in exploring all available opportunities.
Please feel free to look over my resume which follows. If you would like to talk further about my background and opportunities you might have available, just give me a call or E-Mail me and I'll get back to you. If not, thanks for stopping by and have a nice day.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Seasoned results-oriented manager skilled in personnel management, operations, project management, product development and implementation, purchasing, contract negotiation and customer/supplier relations.
- Strong organizational skills; analytical planning and thorough follow-through, resulting in efficient implementation of projects and assignments.
- Proven leadership qualities; able to work well with all organization levels.
- Well developed written and oral presentation skills.
FISERV, INC / Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1994 - 1999
PERSONIX / Indianapolis, Indiana
PRODUCT MANAGER / CARD SERVICES DIVISION / 1998 - 1999
- Developed and negotiated supplier material and service contracts.
- Served as company's primary means of communication with suppliers.
- Priced and placed purchase orders for Indiana, Florida and Texas manufacturing plants.
- Expedited purchase orders.
- Worked to resolve rejected material problems.
- Monitored supplier performance in meeting delivery, quality, and cost expectations.
- Handled all requests for quotations.
- Assisted Sales staff by providing product specifications for preparation of service contracts.
- Responsible for all new product testing.
- Established standard costs for purchased items.
- Tracked cost reduction and avoidance objectives for purchased items.
CLIENT SUPPORT MANAGER / CARD SERVICES DIVISION / 1995 -1998
- Lead and managed staff of thirteen support specialists responsible for daily interaction with nationwide client base in support of their individual card program needs.
- Developed and negotiated client service contracts.
- Resolved major service issues with clients.
- Prepared monthly activity report detailing unit's accomplishments and shortcomings.
- Interfaced with third-party suppliers for product and service support.
- Interfaced with other Fiserv business units for product and service support.
- Planned and monitored department financial condition against budget.
- Represented company at industry trade shows and conferences.
- Primary interface with IBAA staff for their ATM and debit card program needs.
FISERV-EFT / Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
MANAGER OF INSTALLATIONS AND TRAINING / 1994 - 1995
- Managed Eastern Regional technical support staff providing installation and training support to clients under contract for various EFT products and services.
NATIONAL PAYMENT CLEARINGHOUSE, INC / Downers Grove, Illinois
1989 - 1994
MANAGER OF MERCHANT AND BANK RELATIONS
- Served as primary contact for merchants and banks utilizing company's telephone bill payment and PC based consumer home banking services.
- Managed daily activities of telephone customer service representatives and data entry clerks.
- Identified faster turnaround methods to process work and respond to inquiries.
GTE-EFT SERVICES, INC / Naperville, Illinois
1988 - 1989
MANAGER OF CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Managed regionally based technical staff providing operations and training support to national client base under contract for various EFT services.
- Assisted in the development and writing of company's customer service/operations procedures manuals.
- Developed escalation plan resulting in problem resolution with 72 hours.
FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF CHICAGO / Chicago, Illinois
1979 - 1988 Personal Banking Department
- Assistant Vice President / PROJECT COORDINATOR / Retail Banking Division
- Assistant Vice President / OPERATIONS MANAGER / O'Hare Airport Foreign Currency Unit
- Assistant Vice President / MANAGER OF NETWORK SERVICES / Electronic Banking Unit
CONTINENTAL NATIONAL BANK AND TRUST COMPANY / Chicago, Illinois
1973 - 1979
- OPERATIONS MANAGER / Personal Banking Department / Debit Card Division
- OPERATIONS ANALYST / Personal Banking Department / Multiple Office Banking Division
- STAFF ASSISTANT / Operations Department / Customer Assistance Division
STATE FARM INSURANCE COMPANY / Bloomington, Illinois
1970 - 1973
- SENIOR CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE / Berwyn, Illinois Claims Center
Master of Business Administration / Benedictine University, Lisle Illinois
Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration / Thiel College, Greenville, Pennsylvania